A small tracker inspired midi sequencer written in python.
Demo song made with just 2 patterns: here using Yoshimi and Hydrogen and mixed with Ardour.
- Pattern oriented design, with n tracks by pattern.
- Convenient keyboard shortcuts and virtual keyboard.
- Step and live editing.
- MIDI Input (ALSA)
- Text based file format (easy to manually edit or merge and better suited for version systems like subversion)
2011-08-06 - Version 0.3.2b - It's testing time.
Download it here, try it and report bugs.
- Individual mute for each track instead of "solo" mode
- Track expansion/shrinking
- Variable lenght note in live recording
- Step size in step editing mode
- New shortcuts Alt+PgUp/Alt+PgDown for moving +1 octave/-1 octave
- Fixed noise in synth/port change while playing
- Many other changes
2011-06-22 - Version 0.3.1
Download it here or read the docs.
- Implemented nanosleep for better precision
- MIDI Input configuration
- Note paint in piano roll more readable
- Scales helper
- Volume change of selection with input volume selector
- A lot of bugfixes and small improvements. See changelog for a complete list.
We used to mantain a custom version of the Seq24 sequencer with some extra features like:
But finally those changes where merged into the main branch, so just grab the official version at http://launchpad.net/seq24.
- Round robbin editing support: Notes can start at the end and the continue on the begin of the seq like if they where on a continuous piano roll
- Quantimization on record, so you don't ever need to quantize your input
- Fixed and Free record volume, a must have for your drum patterns
- Remember last Save/Open path
- Start/Stop Playing with Spacebar, from main window and from the Edit Piano Roll
- New Quantize button on bar, for easy access to that godbless function
Diseņo y Webmaster Desfonema - 2005